9/11 TributeMore Activism Ideas
"Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. "
-President George W. Bush.
1. Collect the materials. Flags 4 Less offers a very low price for students who are buying flags for a 9/11 Never Forget event. You can buy the flags from their website. http://www.americanflags4less.com/9-11_Never_Forget_Project.html. Also, Young America's Foundation offers other resources for student groups taking part in the project.
2. Reserve space on campus. Reserve a high-traffic area on campus that has enough room for 3,000 small flags. Lawns near student unions or cafeterias are best. Keep a paper copy of the confirmation.
3. Invite allied organizations. Talk to other conservative and patriotic organizations about co-sponsoring your 9/11 display. This event will create goodwill for your group on campus. Partnering with other groups will make your club more favorable in the public eye and help cover the costs of purchasing flags.
4. Prepare for opposition. Have a flip camera ready to record anyone who tries to destroy your 9/11 memorial. Ask opponents to your memorial to explain why they are opposed to remembering the victims of terrorism.
5. Honor the victims of the September 11th attacks.